The ideal candidate will be ambitious, self-motivated accountant with a minimum of 3 years accounting experience. In addition to strong MS Excel skills, strong analytical skills and will need to demonstrate the ability to work proactively and independently in a fast-paced office environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of accounts payable including but not limited to verifying & matching invoices to approvals, check requests, expense reports, and following company procedures.
- Process payment disbursements i.e. check runs, ACH and wire payments
- Assist in processing AMEX transactions to include purchasing, recording receipts, monthly reconciliation, and payment.
- Ownership of vendor master file, including maintaining W9 information
- 1099 reporting
- Participate in monthly general ledger closing procedures including account analysis and reconciliations, reconciling sub ledger activity.
- Corresponds with vendors and responds to inquiries.
- Responsible for assisting with expense management
- Completes special projects as requested.
- Prepares other reports and assist in special projects and analysis as required or requested by management.
- Ensures proper retention, filing, and handling of accounting records
Experience, Education & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or role with 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to change priorities when needed
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees and managers at all levels and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems. Must be able consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions.
- Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions.
- Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems.
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, FSA, Paid time off, 401(k), Tuition reimbursementApply Now