Policy Services Representative (Med Supp Team)
In business for over 70 years, Sentinel Security Life Insurance Company is a rapidly growing insurer of life, accident, health and Medicare supplement insurance as well as underwriting annuities and other financial products. We are currently seeking a Representative to work in our Policy Service Group on the Med/Sup Team. Spanish Speaking Preferred!
The main responsibilities of this position include answering inbound calls from our agents, policy holders, customers, providers and other clients and assisting them with a myriad of questions concerning Sentinel’s products and services. Also completing various tasks tracked in a workflow system. Candidates with a strong, consistent work history and 1 - 2 years of experience in a customer service call center (inbound or outbound) preferred. We are willing to train if you are dedicated, a good listener, dependable, eager to learn and ready for a lasting commitment with our company. This is a full-time, non-exempt position located in Salt Lake City, UT.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicates clearly and professionally with the customer by telephone and/or written correspondence.
- Participates in and maintains a quality service culture within the Customer Service Team.
- Searches Company records to obtain information requested by customer.
- Estimates loan or cash value of policy for policyholders.
- Interprets policy provisions to determine methods of effecting desired changes such as change of beneficiary or type of insurance, or change in method of payment.
- Help agents with commissions or technical questions.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Death claims
- Any other customer requests that come into the corporate office for processing
- Effective decision making based on comprehensive case analysis. Help agents with commissions or technical questions.
Experience, Education & Skills
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years customer service background (preferably in a call center environment.)
- Whole Life Insurance, Financial Products and Medicare Supplement VERY helpful but willing to train
- Some insurance background or financial product background preferred
Sentinel Security Life Insurance Company's Home Office in Salt Lake City, Utah is full of energetic, fun, engaged and dedicated employees. Come and be a part of our growing team and enjoy an on-site gym, free massages once a month, monthly staff meeting luncheons, energizing work environment, wellness programs, quarterly bonus opportunities, competitive salary, generous benefit package, 401(K) matching program, tuition reimbursement and friendly co-workers. If you are looking for a chance to work hard, have fun, and make a significant contribution to our dynamic company, submit your resume today! We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free workplace. A background check is required.Apply Now