The Statutory Accountant will be apprised of all statutory rules, regulations and NAIC guidelines, ensuring accuracy and compliance in all levels of financial reporting preparation. Essentially, informing the company of any and all required changes in statutory reporting before they must be implemented.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with preparation of monthly management reports and quarterly and annual statutory statements
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Assist with interim and year end audits.
- Assist in the data preparation used in the internal actuarial analysis
- Maintain file of state filing requirements using the state filing checklist of each state licensed
- Assists in the timely preparation of filings which include the annual statement and various compliance items
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Experience, Education & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with a major in Accounting
- Minimum of three years insurance or financial services accounting experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Proficiency using life annual statement preparation software
- Understanding of Statutory and GAAP accounting
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong problem solving and the ability to adapt to new situations
- Interface with departments and senior management
- Outstanding work ethic and passion for exceeding expectations
- Detail oriented, accurate and able to work effectively under pressure
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to organize time and task efficiently with minimal supervision
- Must be flexible and have demonstrated skills to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
Sentinel Security Life offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
Sentinel Security Life strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences regarding race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
Sentinel Security Life values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
Sentinel Security Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants must pass a background check and provide proof of right to work in the US.Apply Now